The partner countries of the JOP have established a Joint Monitoring Committee. The overall tasks of the JMC are to ensure the quality and effectiveness of implementation and accountability of the programme.
The main tasks of the JMC include:
- Approving the work programme of the JMA;
- Appointing the SC for the assessment of project proposals;
- Approving the application packages before the calls for proposals are launched by the JMA;
- Deciding on the selection criteria to be applied and approving any revision of those criteria in accordance with the needs of the programme;
- Deciding on the final selection of the projects and the budget of each project to be funded;
- Deciding on the amounts and on the allocation of funds and resources for TA, including human resources;
- Reviewing, at each meeting, the administrative decisions taken by the JMA;
- Examining, at least once a year, the operational and financial report submitted by the JMA;
- Reviewing periodically the progress made towards achieving the overall and specific objectives of the programme on the basis of documents submitted by the JMA;
- Proposing – if appropriate - to the JMA any revision of the programme likely to improve its effectiveness or its management;
- Examining any possible cases of irregularity and/or the need for recovery brought to its attention by the JMA.
For more information regarding the composition and procedures of the JMC, please refer to the Programming Document of the Black Sea JOP.