Responsible for the management and implementation of the programme
Responsible for the management and implementation of the programme.
The Managing Authority (MA) is responsible for managing the implementation of the programme, in accordance with the principle of sound financial management and for ensuring that the decisions of the Joint Monitoring Committee comply with the applicable laws and requirements.
By agreement of the countries participating in the programme, the appointed Managing Authority is the Ministry of Public Works, Development and Administration, Romania.
The main functions of the MA are:
1.In regard to programme management:
- Support the work of JMC and provide it with the information it requires to carry out its tasks, in particular data relating to the progress of the programme in achieving its expected results and targets;
- Draw up and, after approval by the JMC, submit to the European Commission the annual and the final reports;
- Implement information and communication plans in accordance with article 79 of the ENI-CBC Implementing Rules;
- Implement monitoring and evaluation plans in accordance with article 78 of the ENI-CBC Implementing Rules;
2. In regard to the selection and management of projects:
- Draw up and launch the selection procedures;
- Ensure adequate awareness raising and capacity building for potential beneficiaries in collaboration with the NAs and with the support of the JTS
- Manage the project selection procedures;
- Sign contracts with lead beneficiaries;
- Manage projects;
3. In regard to the financial management and control of the programme:
- Verify that services, supplies or works have been performed, delivered and/or installed or carried out and whether expenditure declared by the beneficiaries has been paid by them and it complies with applicable law, programme rules and conditions for programme financing; where the institution hosting the Managing Authority is also a beneficiary under the programme, arrangements for verifications shall ensure suitable segregation of functions;
- Put in place adequate correction measures concerning project irregularities and inform the relevant bodies about them;
- Put in place effective and proportionate anti-fraud measures taking into account the risks identified;
- Set up procedures to ensure all documents related to expenditure and audits that are required to ensure a suitable audit trail are held in accordance with the requirements of article 10 of the ENI-CBC Implementing Rules;
- Draw up and submit payment requests to EC in accordance with article 60 of the ENI-CBC Implementing Rules;
4. In regard to verifications:
- Carry out administrative verifications for each payment request by beneficiaries;
- Carry out on-the-spot project verifications.
Ministry of Development, Public Works and Administration
Directorate – MA for European Territorial Cooperation Programmes
Bulevardul Libertăţii, Nr. 14
050706 Bucharest, Sector 5
Mrs. Iulia HERTZOG, Director
Head of Managing Authority