The Black Sea JOP covers three priorities and a technical assistance component. Each of the three priorities is further broken down in a number of Measures, as presented in the following table:
Priority 1: Supporting cross border partnerships for economic and social development based on common resources
- Measure 1.1:Strengthening accessibility and connectivity for new intra- regional information, communication, transport and trade links
- Measure 1.2: Creation of tourism networks in order to promote joint tourism development initiatives and traditional products
- Measure 1.3: Creation of administrative capacity for the design and implementation of local development policies
Priority 2: Sharing resources and competencies for environmental protection and conservation
- Measure 2.1: Strengthening the joint knowledge and information base needed to address common challenges in the environmental protection of river and maritime systems
- Measure 2.2: Promoting research, innovation and awareness in the field of conservation and environmental protection for protected natural areas
- Measure 2.3: Promotion of cooperation initiatives aimed at innovation in technologies and management of solid waste and wastewater management systems
Priority 3: Supporting cultural and educational networks for the establishment of a common cultural environment in the Basin
- Measure 3.1: Promoting cultural networking and educational exchange in the Black Sea Basin communities.
The technical assistance will focus on two measures:
- Programme management and implementation
- Information, promotion and project generation activities
To have a better idea regarding the type of projects eligible for funding under each measure mentioned above, please refer to the Black sea Programme Documents.